We are looking for a technical buyer
International lashing systems boasts an interesting and rich history. You’ll find our head office at the port of Antwerp. We are a world player specialized in cargo securing technology. Since 2017, we can honestly say we are a world-class supplier of lashing materials, ensuring plain sailing for container, multipurpose and roro-ships hitting the waters.
Our motto? Keeping your cargo safe and secure by providing quality products at the best price.
Are you the one for this job?
- You are responsible for the purchasing process.
- You negotiate with suppliers, prepare quotation requests and, thanks to your strong negotiating skills, you can realize an optimal price without compromising on quality and delivery times.
- You report the performance of the suppliers and general purchase reports.
- You take into account various factors such as quality, delivery times, … and thereby minimize the purchase risks
- You are responsible for the continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the purchasing function
- You offer technical assistance and know-how in relation to alternative materials, techniques, services, methods, suppliers aiming to added value for the project and the client.
- You maintain the suppliers’ database in your field of activity, including the market intelligence, and a pricing base.
- You reach for sustainable cost reduction integrating risk analysis and quality control.
- You’re accountable for the quality and professionalism of your purchase service delivery and will demonstrate full ownership.
- You consult effectively with internal customers/suppliers and efficiently collaborate with the project teams as well as with your other internal clients.
Does this look like you?
- You possess a bachelor degree, ideally in a technical, engineer or commercial field.
- You have relevant experience as Buyer
- You are a talented negotiator
- You can deal with complex and difficult customers’ demands.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- You are persevering, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, combined with a strong sense of responsibility, ethic and flexibility
- You are very communicative
Let’s go, join our team!
Send your updated resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org